Bellevue Wills Attorneys
Protect Your Loved Ones with a Valid Will in Washington
Regardless of your age, economic situation, or marital status, having a will is essential. These legal documents express how you wish to have your property and assets distributed, to whom, and at what time in the event of your passing. They name your heirs and beneficiaries, delineate the specifics of your assets, and can even designate the guardian you would wish for a minor child. Will have many benefits.
As a law firm that concentrates much of its practice on estate planning, Jerimy Kirschner & Associates, PLLC understands the importance of having a will. Even though it may be difficult to confront, we encourage everyone to create a will after having seen the conflict that can ensue for families left without one.
What is a Will?
Wills are legal documents that specifically lay out in writing how you wish the distribution of your property and the care of minor children to be handled once you are gone. Should you pass away without a will, those issues will be assigned to the state to carry out. Without instruction from you, the state will act according to laws that may or may not align with what you would have wanted.
This means that the settling of your affairs will require more time, money, and emotional stress for the family and other potential beneficiaries that you leave behind. It also leaves your heirs and beneficiaries open to dispute about what they believe you would have wanted. That can lead to litigation which can further deplete the sum total of your estate with additional legal fees.
What Does a Will Do?
A will does the following:
- Clarifies who gets what of your estate and how much.
- Clarifies who should care for your minor children and manage their inheritances until they grow up.
- Names a personal representative or executor to manage your estate.
- Outline your wishes for funeral and burial arrangements.
- Outline your wishes for other personal matters, such as pet care and more
- Allows you to pass on gifts and charitable donations.
- Helps minimize the potential tax liabilities of your estate.
- Allows the probate process to be expedited.
- Allows you to alter your will at any time should circumstances change.
- In Washington, allows you to create a testamentary trust that goes into effect upon your passing; it is used to hold property for others, such as children.
As you can see, a will provides numerous benefits with the overall result of reducing stress for your loved ones and providing peace of mind for both you and them.
How Can Our Bellevue Wills Lawyer Help You?
Embarking on creating a will is a significant step in ensuring your wishes are well respected, and your loved ones are cared for. Our Bellevue wills lawyers understand the importance of personalized and comprehensive estate planning and can assist you by:
- Tailored Wills for Bellevue Residents: We are committed to providing them with tailored wills that reflect their unique circumstances. We recognize that every individual and family has specific needs and concerns, and we are here to address them all. Whether you are just starting the estate planning process or need to update an existing will, we have the expertise to guide you through every step.
- Estate Planning Expertise: Estate planning goes beyond creating a simple will. We are equipped with a wealth of knowledge in estate planning, ensuring that your assets are protected and distributed according to your wishes. From establishing trusts to minimizing tax implications, we offer comprehensive services to safeguard your financial legacy for future generations.
- Legal Guidance Through Probate: Navigating the probate process can be a daunting task during an already challenging time. We can provide compassionate and skilled guidance to executors and family members involved in the probate process. We streamline the legal complexities, ensuring a smooth and efficient estate administration.
- Protecting Minor Children: For parents, leaving minor children behind can be a great concern. We can assist you in appointing guardianship and setting up trusts to secure your children's financial future. We work diligently to ensure that your children are cared for by the individuals you trust, according to your wishes.
- Updating Your Will: Life is dynamic, and so should be your will. We offer ongoing support to ensure your will stays current and aligned with your evolving circumstances. Whether it's a change in family structure, financial status, or simply a shift in your preferences, we are here to make the necessary adjustments to your estate plan.
Our Bellevue Wills Lawyers Can Help
Our firm has over a decade of experience in creating wills and other estate planning documents meant to ensure that your estate is handled according to your wishes and values. We can answer your questions, address your concerns, and ensure that the needs of your family are taken care of through your will as well as through other estate planning tools if necessary. We urge you to take advantage of our free evaluation to learn more about how the specifics of your situation apply to wills and any other estate planning arrangements.
"Highly recommended! Jerimy was able to easily answer all our questions and complete all documentation/planning for the trust."- Ryan H.
Award Obtained for Client John Lynch and Kellie Fuhr Family Trust, et, al. v. Tyche Entertainment, LLC
Mr. Kirschner brought a successful suit by members of the LLC to have a receiver appointed over Tyche Entertainment, LLC and dissolution. At trial, Mr. Kirschner was successful in showing over one million dollars in improper transfer to managers and obtained an award for his client.
Justice Sought for Vulnerable Individual In the Matter of the Guardianship of Giulian Grasso
Mr. Kirschner and his co-counsel were successful in uncovering exploitation and misuse of the ward’s funds by the ward’s father which resulted in the father being charged and sentenced for exploitation of a vulnerable person.
Home Returned to Rightful Owner Charlotte Louise Bentley v. Estate of Lacy Elaine Willequer
The action was brought after guardians of the elderly and disabled Charlotte Bentley discovered that her home had been transferred away to an estranged family member. Mr. Kirschner was able to successfully and quickly obtain the return of her home without trial.
Practicing Law since 2010 and earned his Juris Doctor at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law.
We have close offices in King County — the convenience of close proximity to your attorney is key. We make it simple.
Washington, Nevada, the United States District Courts for Washington, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Solving problems and helping a client to select the most effective and cost-efficient tools.